Chili Can Carne is one of the easiest an best dishes you can cook for big crowds or during cold wintertime! Since a lot of people seem to like my Chili – there you go:
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250g Onions (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 3-4 Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Chilis (more if you like it hot)
- 2 Sweet Pepper (whatever colour you like best) (diced)
- 500g Ground Beef
- 500g Kidney Beans (with the brew)
- 250g Haricot Beans (with the brew)
- 150g Sweet Corn(with the brew)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Kidney Beans-cans of Water
- Piece of Dark Chocolate
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Majoran, 1/2 Bouillon Cube
- Sour Cream
First chop all the vegetables into dices! it doesn’t matter if the dices are pretty, as long as they are in an eatable size.
Then roast the onions and the garlic in a big pot until they are glazed. Add the ground beef, season everything as much as you like and let it roast.
Now add the sweet peppers and tomatoes. After 2 minutes add the kidney beans, haricot beans and the sweet corn! Attention: WITH THE BREW!!
Now you can add 1 cans of water, the 1/2 bouillon cube, 4 TS of tomato paste and the piece of dark chocolate.
Let the Chili simmer for at least 2 hours while stirring from time to time. The longer it cooks the better!
Serve with grated cheddar, sour cream and bread! And ENJOY!